Saturday, April 7, 2012

Drop Zone

Now that the wait is finally over and we can use the forest roads, Coop and I made it out to the Drop Zone Roof. Drop Zone is a limestone roof similar to those in Priest Draw but a little taller and unfortunately charred and stained by years of idiots having campfires underneath it. Luckily conditions were breezy and overcast, and I managed to pull off a send of Drop Zone Center wearing socks under my climbing shoes for extra toe cam power. I had worked it last summer during night sessions, but never was able to pull the crux, so I was glad to finish it before the warm weather arrived. Afterwards we finished the day on Super Roof with good endurance training and complete muscle failure for me. Woody Mountain rd. is still closed, but with dry weather ahead it will only be a matter of days.
Photo:Andrew Rothner poached Sam's video of AO sending

Coop sending Drop Zone Left and Super Roof

1 comment:

Followers